I was recently at the supermarket and was about to stock up on some soup when it dawned on me to just make my own. I was a bit tired of chicken noodle and decided to give Minestrone a try!
Some of the Ingredients
6 cups of water
2 cups of Chicken Broth
1 20 oz. Can of Tomato Paste
1 can of Mixed Vegetables
1 can of Pink Beans
2 cups of Whole Wheat Pasta
1. Heat the water and Chicken Broth until it boils
2. Slightly lower the heat and add the can of Tomato Paste
3. Bring a separate pot of water to a boil and add your pasta
4. Continue to stir the pot with the Tomato Paste until it completely dissolves to liquid
5. Now that the Tomato Paste has dissolved, add the can of Mixed Vegetables and Beans
6. When your Pasta is done, drain and add to soup
7. Stir the ingredients together in the pot and add your condiments of choice
(I use Garlic Powder, Black Pepper & Parsley)
8. Now you're ready to serve. I like to top the soup with croutons and sprinkle either Parmesan or Mozzarella cheese for added flavor.
The beauty of Minestrone soup is that there is no set recipe for it and you can tailor it however you want. My version is very basic and quick to make (It took me less than 20 minutes). Also, after adding up all of my ingredients everything cost under $10 . . . .SCORE!
Til next time,