Um, yeah . . . so this post has been long overdue. I haven't talked about my hair in quite some time and I have some serious explaining to do. As you all have noticed in my vacation post, I have revisited braids as a protective style for the summer. Yeah I know. Given my last go around, I didn't think I'd be trying them again but I thought better of it and decided to give them one more shot.
I had the braids put in a week before leaving to Puerto Rico, so they look a bit weathered here. I'm due to have them touched up during the week. My experience, so far, has been pretty good and I plan to keep them in for the entire summer. They make life soooo much easier :-)
As far as maintenance, I'm washing my hair weekly and have been co-washing in between.
I've also been dabbling in some Oyin Handmade products to maintain my hair. I'll post more detailed reviews later, but here's a look at my current regimen.
1. Wash weekly with SheaMoisture Moisture Retention Shampoo
2. Deep Condition with Aussie Moist Conditioner mixed with Castor Oil, Olive Oil & Aloe Vera Juice
3. Dry hair with a cotton T-Shirt
4. Spray on Oyin's Juices & Berries Leave In
5. Seal moisture with Sweet Almond Oil
6. Apply Oyin's Shine & Define
7. Braid hair into 4 large braids and let dry overnight
8. Undo the 4 braids and style as desired.
What are you guys doing with your lovely locs for the summer?